Click on the attachment for the pediatric case study transcript.
Answer these questions based on the case.
1. What important information is missing from the case study?
2. Discuss normal developmental achievements and potential vulnerabilities.
3. What precipitating factors could be contributing to the current symptoms?
4. What is the differential diagnosis?
5. Describe the etiology of the primary diagnosis.
6. How should physiologic complications be monitored and assessed?
7. What are the usual nonpharmacologic therapies that would help?
8. What medications could help and why?
9. Identify safety risks and how they should be dealt with in the treatment plan.