As a manager, whether you’re a store, facilities, or a general manager in any type of environment, your teams work to meet the strategic direction of the organization. As strategic initiatives are adopted, you and your team may need to adapt to new directions. Change can be hard, and your team and your organization rely on your understanding of the organizational culture to support change.
In this assessment, you will use your experience and the organizational change chart you completed in Week 1 to assess the organization’s culture to improve alignment among the culture, mission, vision, values, and strategies using Kotter’s 8-step change management model. You provide your assessment including how proposed decisions for improvements align to the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategies to the leadership team.
Create a 7- to 10-slide presentation to the leadership of the organization you chose to explore in Week 1. Refer to your Organizational Change Chart from Week 1 and include the following:
- Describe your assessment of the current culture within the organization at the time of your experience. Refer to the organizational change chart you completed in Week 1 to describe your assessment.
- Develop a Change Management Plan using Kotter’s 8-Step model for the change goal you identified. Refer to the suggested actions for improvement you included in the Organizational Change Chart.
- Determine the desired outcome as a result of the proposed change.
- Analyze the alignment among the organization’s mission, vision, values, strategies, and the proposed Change Management Plan.
- Include speaker notes to provide additional details not already present on each slide.