For your initial post, address the following in a few paragraphs:
- What values do the humanities hold for you personally or for your career goals?
- How do you think they apply to your professional life?
- What skills do you think the humanities can teach you?
For this assignment, you will work on items that belong to the humanities and explore the cultures they represent. You will also evaluate “big questions” that can be associated with the humanities and determine how you can go about answering them.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- List three cultures or subcultures you identify strongly with, and rank them from most to least significant in your life. These can be national, ethnic, religious, and they can include subcultures or groups related to your personal interests.
- Identify one representative object from the humanities for each of the cultures or subcultures you identify with.
- Explain how the cultural object reflects the culture in which it exists. Consider which aspects of culture have relevance for each object: politics, history, religion, social perceptions, technology, media, education, and so on.
Your submission should be a Word document, one to two pages in length, with 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins.