Create a digital newsletter for families of ELLs to explain assessment practices. Consider how you communicate the information for non-native English-speaking families. Include the following in your newsletter:
- Description of each type of assessment (diagnostic, formative, and summative), including how and when each will be used to support English language instruction
- Explanation of alignment of the assessments to ELP and content standards and the use of assessment data to determine student progress in both language and content
- Description of testing accommodations for ELLs
- Discussion of how the data from assessments will be used to inform instructional decisions and planning, including enrichment and interventions
- Identify strategies to communicate timely and meaningful feedback with students and families, including student self-reflection strategies
Support your newsletter with 2-3 scholarly resources.