Submit your diagnosis for the client in the case (case study attached) Follow the guidelines below.
- The diagnosis should appear on one line in the following order.
Note: Do not include the plus sign in your diagnosis. Instead, write the indicated items next to each other.
Code + Name + Specifier (appears on its own first line)
Z code (appears on its own line next with its name written next to the code)
Then, in 1–2 pages, respond to the following:
- Explain how you support the diagnosis by specifically identifying the criteria from the case study.
- Describe in detail how the client’s symptoms match up with the specific diagnostic criteria for all the disorder that you finally selected for the client. Note: You do not need to repeat the diagnostic code in the discussion.
- Identify the differential diagnosis you considered.
- Explain why you excluded this diagnosis/diagnoses.
- Explain the specific factors of culture that are or may be relevant to the case and the diagnosis, which may include the cultural concepts of distress.
- Explain why you chose the Z codes you have for this client.
Remember: When using Z codes, stay focused on the psychosocial and environmental impact on the client within the last 12 months.