Scenario: 76-year-old female patient complains of weight gain, shortness of breath, peripheral edema, and abdominal swelling. She has a history of congestive heart failure and admits to not taking her diuretic, as it makes her “have to get up every couple hours to go to the bathroom.” She now has to sleep on two pillows in order to get enough air.
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following:
- The cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary pathophysiologic processes that result in the patient presenting these symptoms.
- Any racial/ethnic variables that may impact physiological functioning. ( how it affects black American and white American race).
- How these processes interact to affect the patient.
- Introduction and conclusion
- Refer to the rubric for more information on how to respond to this prompt.