The assignment (500-750 words):
- Identify at least two challenges related to the treatment of mentally ill offenders in a forensic setting.
- Explain the challenges you selected and the steps you would take to overcome them.
- Briefly describe the treatment approach(es) you think best addresses the challenges you identified and why. Be specific.
- Kratcoski, P. (2017). Correctional counseling and treatment (6th ed.). Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Chapter 6, “Mentally Ill Criminal Offenders”
- Chapter 9, “Community Residential Treatment and Institutional Treatment”
- Chapter 11, “Behavior Modification Programs Used in Corrections”
- Chapter 14, “Cognitive Behavioral Therapies Used in Correctional Treatment”