You are a supervisor at Regional Call Center’s Washington, DC, facility. Regional provides contract call center services for a number of companies, including banks and major retail companies. You have been with the company for slightly more than seven years, having joined Regional right after graduating with a master’s degree in business administration from Strayer University. After the monthly staff meeting, you were handed a new assignment by the company CEO. The assignment came out of a discussion at the meeting in which one of Regional’s clients wanted a report describing the calls being handled for them by Regional. The CEO had asked you to describe the data in a file called Regional Call Center Download Regional Call Center and produce a report that would both graphically and numerically analyze the data. The data are for a sample of 57 calls and for the following variables:
- Account Number.
- Past Due Amount.
- Current Account Balance.
- Nature of Call (Billing Question or Other).
- Summarize the case scenario of the Regional Call Center’s Washington, D.C. facility.
- Develop bar charts showing the mean and median current account balance.
- Construct a scatter diagram showing current balance on the horizontal axis and past due amount on the vertical axis.
- Compute the key descriptive statistics for current and past due amount.
- Repeat task 4 but compute the statistics for the past due balances.
- Compute the coefficient of variation for current account balances.
- Write a 4-5 page report (including a cover page and a source list page) to National’s client that contains the results of the completed tasks along with a discussion of the statistics and graphs.