This IP builds upon your work in Unit 1.
You will continue to analyze and interpret the financial statements for American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. Using the financial statements (located in Appendix A: American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., 2020 Annual Report of the required textbook: Financial Accounting), review the company’s assets.
Consider the following questions:
- What are the cash needs of the company?
- What is the value of the company’s cash and cash equivalents?
- What type of receivables does the company have?
Deliverable Requirements: Your evaluation of assets should have at least 5 pages (the title and reference pages are not counted in these 5 pages) as well as follow the requirements below for using the APA style. Your evaluation should include the following:
- For your evaluation of current assets, present industry findings regarding assets.
- Address the questions above, and consider their implications to American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
- Do not forget to review the notes to the financial statements for additional information about the company’s assets.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means that you will need the following at a minimum:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: There should be at least 5 pages.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title and abstract pages and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-point Times New Roman or 12-point Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. Using a variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format and use appropriate spacing, hanging indentation, italics, and uppercase and lowercase for the type of resource used. Remember that the reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.