Competency 1: Evaluate data-driven processes and approaches of an organization’s operations.
This reflection activity is comprised of two sections, collectively totaling a minimum of 500 words. Complete your reflections by responding to all prompts.
Explain what work in operations management looks like and what key operational decisions a firm needs to make to match supply with demand. Determine how to improve process efficiency by off-loading a bottleneck or how to balance a process by relocating work from one step to another.
Evaluate the Lean Philosophy
Choose 3 of the following questions to discuss:
- What is the Lean concept and why is it important to study?
- How can Lean be applied to manufacturing and service processes?
- Will Lean work in service environments? Why or why not?
- Discuss ways to use Lean to improve 1 of the following: a pizza restaurant, a hospital, or an auto dealership.
- Why is Lean hard to implement in practice?
Explain the relationship between quality and productivity under the Lean philosophy.
Submit your reflection.