- Reread the Management Focus “Boeing’s Global Production System” in Chapter 1 and address these two questions:
- What are the benefits to Boeing of outsourcing manufacturing of components of the Boeing 787 to firms based in other countries?
- On balance, do you think that the kind of outsourcing undertaken by Boeing is a good thing or a bad thing for the American economy? Explain your reasoning.
- Reread the Management FOCUS: “Starbucks Wins Key Trademark Case in China” in Chapter 2 and address these two questions:
- Discuss the concept of property rights protection and why it is so important to companies. What does the court ruling against Xing Ba Ke mean for other companies that are already doing business in China, or are considering entering the market?
- How important is the Chinese market to Starbucks? Does the presence of look-alike companies like Xing Ba Ke deter firms from entering the market?
- Reread the Closing Case “Economic Development in Bangladesh” in Chapter 3 and address this question:
- Explain how the liberalization program in the 1990s enabled Bangladesh to start climbing the ladder of economic progress.
Cases Analyses must follow the following guidelines:
- You must give a quality analysis of the cases based on the key terms showing mastery, using clear logic, and supporting facts. Also, the analysis must directly address the case using chapter readings and research.
- Case Analyses test the understanding of key elements of International Business, therefore, they must be thoroughly addressed.
- You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key elements and concepts of International Business are found in the sources listed in the syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 5 references from the listed sources.
- Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proofread for logic.
- Avoid direct quotes, you must paraphrase and cite. If you direct quote (two words or three words, mission statements, phrases, etc.) you must include in your citation parenthesis page number or paragraph number. When you direct quote Brand taglines or Mission Statements, you must include the Brand name or Company name in the citation parenthesis.
- Key terms or Questions must be typed out as headings, with follow up analysis or answers in paragraph format, and a summary or conclusion to contextualize your analyses at the end of the paper.
The Cases Analyses must be in APA format and it is due no later than the specified time