Risk taking is a part of successful leadership and can be critical to leaders effectiveness. Business Strategist Megan Tull, suggest Risk taking can be defined as: “Undertaking a task in which there is a lack of certainty or a fear of failure.”
Tull, Megan, July 7, 2017 Publisher Huffington post, How Taking Risks Evokes Leadership Success
1) Read the article by Strategist Megan Tull : How Taking Risks Evokes Leadership Success
2) Watch the TED talk video by Roselinde Torres: What it takes to be a great leader.
After reading the article and watching the video, answer the following questions.
1) Give a brief overview of the video
2) What are the 3 characteristics of a thriving leader, according to Ms. Torres?
3) What did Strategist Tull say about “risk taking”
4) Identify a risk you may want to consider taking in your current job/position, to further your leadership potential. (See definition of risk above)