Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Use Prevention Programs in U.S. Schools: A Descriptive Summary., School-Level Correlates of Adolescent Tobacco, Alcohol, and Marijuana Use, and Sobriety Studies: Recovery High Schools Show Success in Helping Students Overcome Substance Abuse
Identify and analyze one resource that provides information regarding services for dealing with and treating substance use and abuse in youth or adolescence. Write a six page paper which discusses the availability of the services, the requirements for accessing those services, and the human service professionals involved in the service setting.
Watch the YouTube video What Is Benchmarking?
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZOtKmGB1M). Benchmark the service chosen against these standards.
In your paper,
1) Discuss the availability of the services, the requirements for accessing those services, and the human service professionals involved in the service setting.
2) Outline any detailed information the source provides about services and professionals involved in services.
3) Describe the type of information there is on the requirement for accessing services.
4) Explain any information provided about the number of people served and the demographics of people.
5) Conclude if the available service is adequate for treating the needs of this particular population to be served.
a. Defend why or why not.
6) Determine what other professionals might need to be involved in the service setting to make the service more effective. The Resource Analysis on Substance Use and Abuse paper
1) Must be six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA.
2) Must include a separate title page with the following:
a. Title of paper (bold and with a space between the title and the rest of the information)
b. Student’s name, followed by institution name (“University of Arizona Global Campus”)
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted