Conceptual Assignment #1
Chapter 1: How does the Internet affect international business activity and the globalization of the world economy?
Chapter 2: Reread the Management Focus feature: Did Walmart Violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act? What is your opinion? If you think it did, what do you think the consequences will be for Walmart?
Chapter 3: What is the relationship between property rights, corruption, and economic progress? How important are anticorruption efforts in the effort to improve a country’s level of economic development?
Chapter 4: Do you think business practices in an Islamic country are likely to differ from business practices in a Christian country? If so, how?
Chapter 5: Milton Friedman stated in his famous article in The New York Times in 1970 that “the social responsibility of business is to increase profits.” Do you agree? If not, do you prefer that multinational corporations adopt a focus on corporate social responsibility or sustainability practices?
Chapter 6: Is free trade fair? Discuss.
The Conceptual Assignment must follow the following guidelines:
- You must give quality answers that show mastery of the concepts being discussed, using clear logic, and supporting facts. Also, the answers must directly address the questions or discussion topics using chapter readings and research.
- Conceptual assignments test the understanding of key concepts and elements of International Business, therefore, they must be thoroughly addressed.
- You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key concepts and elements of International Business are found in the sources listed in the syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 6 references from the listed sources.
- Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proofread for logic.
- Questions must be typed out as headings, with follow up answers in paragraph format, and a summary or conclusion at the end of the paper.
The Assignment must be in APA format